Cream Cheese and Bacon Chicken Rolls
- 4-6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6-8 ounces softened cream cheese (I used
- Chives and Onion cream cheese for a little extra flavor)
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 4 Pieces of cooked and chopped Bacon
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup corn flake crumbs
Instructions:1- Pre-heat oven to 350.
2- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, onion, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and lemon
juice until blended. Stir in cooked and chopped bacon.
3- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of chicken and
spread it out into a thin layer.
4- Roll chicken. I only had one roll fall apart a little bit on me. To avoid this, you
can use toothpicks to keep the roll together. (I realized as making this that we
don't own any toothpicks.)
5- Coat rolls with flour, then lightly dip in egg mixture, followed me rolling them
in corn flake crumbs.
6- Drizzle some olive oil in a large skillet and heat. Briefly cook rolls over high heat,
browning all sides.
7- Place chicken rolls in a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fork
tender and juices run
NOTE 1: You don’t want to soak the roll in the egg, but you need it coated enough to hold the corn flakes.
NOTE 2: Make sure to really crush the corn flakes. It is more likely for smaller pieces to stick to the roll better.